By Timo Kivimaki,Timo Kivimäki
Knowledge can create peaceable realities as well as serving as an highbrow instrument for peace-making. for the reason that pragmatist evaluation of social technological know-how may still steer clear of taking a look solely on the instrumental price of other paradigms. This booklet investigates the realities that positivism, anti-determinism, symbolic interactionism, social constructivism and important thought create, and the instruments they give for a peace researcher and a peace practitioner. In essence, Paradigms of Peace seems at what social technology may give to the humanity's look for peace after which bargains an schedule for peace research.
Using constructivist pragmatist metatheory to lead the overview of the benefits of alternative social technology methods to peace, this booklet indicates thoroughly new methods of taking a look at the idea of peace and conflict. tough theoretical and philosophical constructs are awarded yet constantly supplemented with real-life examples, making it sensible and correct to either a examine and policy-making level.
Perfect for college kids and execs of diplomacy, political technology, peace and reconciliation stories, clash and warfare reviews and history.
- Classical and Constructivist Pragmatism
- Positivism: Social Engineering of Peace
- Toward a Social technology of Peace
- Interpretations as a clash Reality
- Social development of constructions of Peace and Conflict
- Critical methods and Peace
- Intellectual possibilities for the production of a much less Violent World
- Conclusions and Missions for Pragmatist Peace Research
Readership: scholars and pros of diplomacy, Political technological know-how, Peace and Reconciliation stories, clash and struggle reports and Historians.