By Russell Blackford
- An obtainable but scholarly statement on hot-button concerns within the debate over non secular belief
- Teaches severe considering talents via exact, rational argument
- Objectively considers every one fantasy on its merits
- Includes a heritage of atheism and its advocates, an appendix detailing atheist agencies, and an in depth bibliography
- Explains the variations among atheism and comparable thoughts reminiscent of agnosticism and naturalism
Read or Download 50 Great Myths About Atheism PDF
Best religious philosophy books
On Jean Améry presents a accomplished dialogue of 1 of the main tough and complicated post-Holocaust thinkers, Jean Améry (1912-1978), a Jewish-Austrian-Belgian essayist, journalist and literary writer. within the English-speaking international Améry is understood for his poignant e-book, on the Mind's Limits, a story of exile, dispossession, torture, and Auschwitz.
Investigating the query ‘can theology, description of the divine truth, be made really medical? ’, this publication addresses common sense and human wisdom along experimental faith. a major philosophic paintings via a prolific theologian additionally identified for his later court docket case relating to conscientious objection, this e-book describes the way it is feasible to narrate theological idea with non secular adventure of the divine the best way that the sciences relate to human acquaintance with issues and other people in social event.
The brain that's Catholic, he provides a retrospective selection of his educational and literary essays written some time past fifty years. In each one essay, he exemplifies the Catholic brain at its best--seeing the complete, leaving not anything out.
This booklet bargains a brand new, European-centered method of Tocqueville’s idea. even though Tocqueville is usually respected as a vintage author as regards to American democracy, this ebook makes a speciality of the multifaceted significance of his principles inside a eu context. This number of essays provides Tocqueville’s imaginative and prescient of a various and united outdated Continent, exploring his principles of liberty, advantage, faith, patriotism, greatness, civic participation and democracy.
- V3 The Life and Teachings of the Father of Modern Humanism.: John Hassler Dietrich
- Rationality as Virtue: Towards a Theological Philosophy (Transcending Boundaries in Philosophy and Theology)
- Dreams and Visions in the World of Islam: A History of Muslim Dreaming and Foreknowing
- Yes & Amen:: God's Promises For Your Life
Extra info for 50 Great Myths About Atheism