By Nir Eisikovits
Read Online or Download A Theory of Truces (Palgrave Studies in Ethics and Public Policy) PDF
Best war & peace books
This booklet specializes in the commercial dimensions of peace methods and examines the possibilities and constraints for aiding negotiated exits out of clash. numerous works have addressed the commercial features and effects of armed conflicts during the last 20 years, together with concerns corresponding to ‘blood diamonds’, usual source wars, economically inspired armed violence, self-financing clash, or the complicity of businesses and country elites in clash economies.
How did the Republic of Venice move 486 years with no unmarried coup d’état or coup try? Is it a similar strength that has generated balance in Britain because 1746, within the usa when you consider that 1776, and in increasingly more countries around the globe? This considerate and fascinating booklet bargains the 1st prolonged research of coups, that have performed a principal position in international historical past and politics.
The atrocities of civil wars current us with many tough questions. How do probably traditional members come to dedicate such striking acts of cruelty, frequently opposed to unarmed civilians? do we ever actually comprehend such acts of 'evil'? in accordance with a wealth of unique interviews with perpetrators of violence in Sierra Leone's civil warfare, this booklet offers a close reaction.
The catalyst for this research used to be the Fukushima-Daiichi significant nuclear coincidence of eleven March 2011. during this occasion, a critical earthquake and15 metre tsunami brought on critical harm and gear disasters at Japan’s Fukushima 1 Nuclear energy Plant which have been judged through the overseas Atomic strength employer to be both as critical because the Soviet Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe of 1986.
- The Israeli Peace Movement: A Shattered Dream
- Conflict Dynamics: Civil Wars, Armed Actors, and Their Tactics (Studies in Security and International Affairs Ser.)
- The War of the Lamb: The Ethics of Nonviolence and Peacemaking
- Moral Responsibility, Statecraft and Humanitarian Intervention: The US Response to Rwanda, Darfur, and Libya (Global Politics and the Responsibility to Protect)
- Waren wir "die Guten"?: Die Militär- und Entspannungspolitik der SPD in der Regierungsverantwortung 1966-1977 / 78 (Studien zur deutschen Sozialdemokratie) (German Edition)
Additional info for A Theory of Truces (Palgrave Studies in Ethics and Public Policy)