By Tim Leadbeater
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and review requisites of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and advice for every proper specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- Edexcel: India, c1914-48: the line to independence
Read or Download Access to History: Indian Independence 1914-64 Second Edition PDF
Similar asian history books
In a revised variation of his unique e-book, J. S. Grewal brings the background of the Sikhs from its beginnings for the time of Guru Nanak, the founding father of Sikhism, correct as much as the current day. opposed to the heritage of the background of the Punjab, the quantity surveys the altering trend of human settlements within the zone until eventually the 15th century and the emergence of the Punjabi language because the foundation of local articulation.
The protection dating among India and Pakistan is usually seen via a neo-realist technique of diplomacy. . Treading on a unique course, this publication explains the competition of those international locations by means of taking a look at the socio-cultural norms chanced on at degrees, elites as opposed to renowned. moreover, it additionally conceptualizes a hypothetical India-Pakistan safety group that can lead to peace within the sector.
A present of Barbed twine is a penetrating examine the lives of South Vietnamese officers and their households left at the back of in Vietnam after the autumn of Saigon in 1975. A former Marine who served in Vietnam, Robert McKelvey went directly to perform psychiatry and, via his paintings in refugee camps and U. S. social provider enterprises, met South Vietnamese males from all walks of existence who have been imprisoned in re-education camps instantly after the conflict.
An exam of the shifts in politics and revolution in China during the last centuryWhat needs to China do to develop into really democratic and equitable? this query animates so much revolutionary debates approximately this capability superpower, and in China’s 20th Century the country’s major critic, Wang Hui, turns to the prior for a solution.
- Zhu Rongji on the Record: The Shanghai Years, 1987-1991
- F-8 Crusader Units of the Vietnam War (Combat Aircraft)
- The Samurai Invasion of Korea 1592–98 (Campaign)
- Thailand Beyond the Crisis (Rethinking Southeast Asia)
- Chinese and Indian Warfare – From the Classical Age to 1870 (Asian States and Empires)
Additional resources for Access to History: Indian Independence 1914-64 Second Edition